Saturday, October 30, 2010

Skin Tight by Ava Gray

This book scared the buhjeezus out of me! And I loved every minute of it!!!

You know, we all have our fears, our worse nightmares. For some of us, it’s the Bogey Man, for others it’s Bloody Mary. What takes place in this book is one of my own fears. Now, it’s not a horror novel in the ghost, demon, vampire, or “I’m going to kill you and eat your parts” sense of the word, but this book made me cringe more than once, just the same. A cross between Christine Feehan’s Ghostwalkers and the TV series, Heroes, it’s a story about people with too much power and money, who will stop at nothing to gain more of both. And call me a crazed conspiracy theorist if you want to, but I believe the very things portrayed in this book are taking place, somewhere in the world – and it scares the hell out me that anyone can have such little regard for human life.

I read and loved Skin Game, but wow, I never saw the storyline take the turn that it did in Skin Tight. Addison Foster was one nasty piece of work in that book and I couldn’t imagine how I would ever come to see him as a hero, but I was wrong. Mia Sauter didn’t strike me as a woman I could accept as a strong heroine, either, but I was – one again – proven wrong. I found both to be very compelling, sympathetic characters and it didn’t take long for me to be cheering them on in their shared mission to find and “exterminate” the bad guys.

Seriously, I could go on and on and on, but if I do, I know I’ll end up giving away too much, so I’m going to force myself to stop now, other than to say that the Skin series by Ava Gray is one of my best discoveries of 2009/2010 and I anxiously awaiting the next book, Skin Heat, due to hit the stands on January 4th, 2011.

***Spoiler***
Knowing what Gillie’s ability is, I wish things could have turned out better in the end for Lexie, but as is often the case in the real world, we don’t always get the happy endings we want. But that knowledge didn’t stop me from sobbing like a ninny when her end came, without the happiness.
***End Spoiler***

Reading order and book covers because they are just so sexy looking I can’t stop myself from posting them: 


 
 1. Skin Game (Skin, #1)  2. Skin Tight (Skin, #2)  3. Skin Heat (Skin, #3)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment