Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard

What do you get when four friends get together for their weekly girls night out and have a little too much to drink? Well, in this story, you get a list detailing what these friends think it takes to make the perfect man.

And what do you get when that list becomes an overnight sensation with a nearly cult like following? Well, in this story, you get murder!

I’ve had this book on my shelves for quite awhile and whenever my Goodreads friends would talk about Linda Howard’s books, Mr. Perfect was sure to be listed as one of her very best, and almost always a favorite. So why did I put off reading this book, you ask? Because I thought the cover is ugly. And let me just tell you now, it’s true what they say; you should never judge a book by its cover.

Mr. Perfect was a fun, fast paced, sexy read and once I got started I just couldn’t put it down. And while the idea that such a list could become so insanely popular and cause such havoc is a bit on the farfetched side, the story was written in such a way that made it believable, and the characters were written just as well.

Jaine Bright and Sam Donovan were both so perfect, and yet so flawed that they felt like real people to me, not just words and images bunched together to give us characters to read about, but honest to goodness real people. Their banter was laugh out loud funny and their sexual chemistry burned up the pages.

I also loved the secondary characters who filled out the group of friends, four ladies working for the same company yet in different departments. Their love for each other was so apparent, and it made me think of a couple of my own closest friends. I could easily see us all sitting down and getting carried away, laughing and just having a great time creating our ideal man, our own Mr. Perfect.

The bottom line – This was my first Linda Howard read and before I was even 1/3 of the way through I was ordering more of her books. It was fun, exciting and very sexy, so needless to say, I really enjoyed Mr. Perfect and I’m looking forward to reading more by this author!

4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment