Monday, January 25, 2016

Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City #1) by Penny Reid


Blurb...

There are three things you need to know about Janie Morris: 1) She is incapable of engaging in a conversation without volunteering TMTI (Too Much Trivial Information), especially when she is unnerved, 2) No one unnerves her more than Quinn Sullivan, and 3) She doesn't know how to knit.

After losing her boyfriend, apartment, and job in the same day, Janie Morris can't help wondering what new torment fate has in store. To her utter mortification, Quinn Sullivan- aka Sir McHotpants- witnesses it all then keeps turning up like a pair of shoes you lust after but can't afford. The last thing she expects is for Quinn- the focus of her slightly, albeit harmless, stalkerish tendencies- to make her an offer she can't refuse.

Not at all what I expected....

....and so much more than I had hoped for!

This is, start to finish, a great read. It's laugh-out-loud funny, charming, romantic, with just enough angst to keep me off balance, but not so much that I dreaded reading on. You see, I hate angst-ridden stories. They upset my stomach, give me a headache, and keep me awake at night....but this is one entertaining, 'left me with a smile on my face' read!

I was actually quite surprised - though I don't know why, given the amazing reviews and high ratings. I was expecting something light, fun, and unemotional. I was wrong. That's not what I got - and I'm glad for it! I fell hard for Janie and Quinn, Janie's quirky friends, and Quinn's unconditional devotion. There truly are mannnnnnnny things to love about Neanderthal Seeks Human, so if you've been hesitant to try it, as I was, hesitate no more. I can't recommend this highly enough!

(At the time of this posting, Neanderthal Seeks Human is, once again, free for Kindle readers. See link below.)

Click here to purchase Neanderthal Seeks Human from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment