Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Skin Deep (I-Team 5.5) Written by Pamela Clare, Narrated by Kaleo Griffith

 


This is a review of the audio book

I’m going to start by saying; I’m in love with Kaleo Griffith’s voice. No, let me rephrase that; I’m in lust with his voice. In fact, it took me much longer than it should have to finish listening to this story because there were certain sentences, certain… uh… “things” he said that had me scrolling (is that the right word for rewinding an audio book?) back to listen to them again and again. There were times I’d adjust my ear-buds, nearly to the point of pain, just to make sure no one else could hear these “things,” and when my husband said I was looking a bit flushed and asked if I was feeling okay, I replied with, “Just a hot-flash, hon.” Not exactly a lie, that, but never thought I’d be so thankful to have the “menopausal” excuse to fall back on!

I wonder if he'd be willing to make a recording replacing Megan's name with mine...

Thank you, Dorsey aka Wrath Lover, for putting a name to what I'm feeling:



Okay, now that I’ve thoroughly embarrassed myself…

Granted, I’m not a hardcore audio book aficionado, but I know what I like, and I was very impressed with Mr. Griffith’s ability to give such distinct voices to the characters, men and women alike. And having read this e-book many times, I had formed pretty definitive personality attributes to all the characters, and Mr. Griffith nailed them, each and every one. I’m looking forward to listening to more stories told through Kaleo Griffith’s voice.

And now I’ll leave you with my original review of the ebook version:

Megan Hunter, Marc Hunter's baby sister, has been working hard to put her life back together after the horrific ordeal she went through years ago, and just as things are falling into place, when things are finally looking up, she gets a very unwelcome, very dangerous visitor from her past.

Nate West, a local rancher, has just delivered several cases of beef to a community shelter and as he's leaving he spots Megan, that sweet, beautiful woman he's noticed volunteering at the shelter... and she's in trouble! Being the kind of man he is, Nate steps in to kick ass and it turns out to be one of the best decisions he's ever made.

Wow, I really enjoyed this short story! Megan is all grown up, taking care of herself, moving on and not allowing herself to remain a victim. She has such strength, such compassion... I simply adore the woman she has become!

And Nate. *sigh* Nate West, a new character to the series, is all kinds of wonderful. A strong, hard working, honorable man... Nate is everything I love in a hero. He brings with him some emotional and physical scars, and this makes him all the more appealing. Apart they are wonderful, but when Nate and Megan come together they are perfect! And seeing sweet, adorable little Emily, Megan's daughter, was such a treat!

Skin Deep is a sweet, sexy story that gives our Megan the happily ever after she is so deserving of and adds another hot, alpha male to the cast of I-Team heroes!!

Bonus story! And if that's not enough, the extra little story at the end, Marc & Julian Make a Beer Run, is laugh out loud funny and an awesome revisit with my favorite team of RS heroes!!!

1 comment: