Monday, March 2, 2015

Kisses, She Wrote (Prince Catchers #1.5) by Katharine Ashe

“Let the fantasy begin.” 

Oh, how I love this story! And what a surprise, that, because I absolutely loathed Charles Camlann Westfall, the Earl of Bedwyr, in I Married the Duke and could not, for the life of me, understand how this vile man could be deserving of his own story. Well, I was wrong about him, and I am so glad I was!!

Blurb...

Handsome as sin and scandalously rakish, Cam Westfall, the Earl of Bedwyr, is every young lady's wickedest dream. Shy wallflower Princess Jacqueline of Sensaire knows this better than anyone, because her dreams are full of the breathtaking earl's kisses. And not only her dreams—her diary, too.

But when Cam discovers the maiden's not-so-maidenly diary, will her wildest Christmas wishes be fulfilled in its pages . . . or in his arms?

My thoughts...

I agree with other reviewers who said that this novella doesn't read like a novella. We had learned enough about both characters in I Married the Duke that the author didn't need to waste pages on their back-story and history. Instead, we get to dive right in to Cam and Jacqueline's tale and I loved every word of it.

Ms. Ashe really outdid herself with the beautiful prose and poetry. At the start I thought I'd be bored with it but, in truth, it took my breath away. This storytelling is sheer brilliance and I'm so very glad I didn't pass it over!

An ARC was provided by Avon Books. In appreciation I'm giving them an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment