Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Gamble by Kristen Ashley


There are already many excellent reviews of this book, so I’m going to keep mine short -

I kept seeing Kristen Ashley’s name show up on my Goodreads friends’ status and review updates, so I had to see for myself what all the hoopla was about! Well, to be honest, I can't quite put my finger on it, but whatever it is about this book and this author, I’m sold! The writing isn’t flawless and it took me a bit to get used to the author’s style, but once I did it was easy to read and I couldn't put it down. The characters are often times annoying as hell, especially Max who is, hands down, one of the most obnoxious, domineering men I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading about. The story itself is all over the place and yet easy to follow and a joy to read.

The bottom line - Sometimes heartwarming, sometimes tragic, The Gamble is a funny, romantic, hot story, one I truly, truly enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment