Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift by Jennifer Ashley


 The Mackenzies gather for a clan Christmas and New Year's in Scotland. In the chaos of preparations for the celebration--the first of Hart and Eleanor's married life--one of Ian's Ming bowls gets broken, and the family scrambles to save the day. Daniel busily runs a betting ring for everything from the time Eleanor's baby will arrive to whether Mac's former-pugilist valet can win a boxing match to who will be the first of the many guests to be caught under the mistletoe. Ian begins a new obsession, and Beth fears the loss of one of his precious bowls has made him withdraw once more into his private world. 

***************


5 brilliant stars!!!

A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift is an amazing Christmas novella that wasn't too short, wasn't too long - in fact it is perfect in every way!
I can't seem to find the right words to express how much I loved this story! And how could I not? Spending the Christmas with the Mackenzies is pure bliss! This holiday tale is delightful, romantic, heartwarming, sexy... all the things we've come to love about those Mackenzies, and then some!

Seeing the family and how their love for one another just keeps growing warmed my heart. There's nothing they wouldn't do for each other and I adore that about them. Hart and El, Cam and Ainsley, Mac and Izzy and of course, Ian and Beth... spending this time with them was a perfect addition to my holiday reading and I loved every word, every sentence, every page...

And then there's Daniel! The boy we all fell in love with is growing into quite the man, one whose story is sure to be every bit as exciting as his father's! Inspector Fellows, the illegitimate Mackenzie, every time I see him I love him more! And the McBride brothers... wow. There are some great stories there, and I can't wait to read them!

See? I can't find the words to tell you, coherently, how wonderful The Perfect Gift is! But trust me on this - if you're a fan of those Mackenzies, don't waste a single moment thinking about whether or not to buy this book - just do it. You'll be so glad that you did!

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to read any of her stuff but this book sounds truly wonderful :D really glad I stumbled onto your blog. always great to meet people with similar interest! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jennifer Ashley is a favorite author. In fact, she's an auto buy for me. Her Highland Pleasures series is one of my favorite HR series, ever. If you do read these (and I hope you do) be sure and read them in order. Each book is amazing!

      And thanks for following me! :)

      Delete