Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lethal Pursuit (Bagram Special Ops) by Kaylea Cross



5 stars just isn't enough! This. Is. Amazing!

Kaylea Cross outdid herself with this third book in her Bagram Special Ops series. She totally blew me away! Intense, brutal, romantic, and sexy, even writing this review I'm still shaking as I remember how things went so horribly wrong before they went so beautifully right!
U.S. Code of Military Conduct, Article 3:

If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and to aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor favors from the enemy.
Description...

Security Forces Lieutenant Maya Lopez is right at home in a war zone: she's been fighting all her life. A hard-won commission in the air force has brought her to Afghanistan, and if she plays her cards right, she could end up with an FBI job. It won't be easy, but that just makes her more determined.

Jackson Thatcher is a protector in all senses of the word. A pararescue jumper with Southern-boy charm, he easily captures Maya's interest, but her trust is another story. He's sexy, strong and caring, but she makes it clear she's no damsel in distress. She's never relied on any man, and she's not about to start now.

When Maya and Jackson become pawns in a radical warlord's deadly game, they find themselves on the run and must depend on each other if they want to make it out alive.

My review...

To say that Lethal Pursuit is a gripping story is putting it mildly. To say I couldn't put it down is not an exaggeration. Start to finish Maya and Jackson's story had me glued to my seat, hands shaking, closing my eyes because I couldn't bear to read what was going to happen next, yet unable to look away as I watched - yes, it felt like I was watching (because that's how incredibly talented Ms. Cross is) - this story unfold.

And the truth is, I still can't find the words to do this story justice so I'll leave you with this:

The bottom line...

If you're a fan of military romantic suspense and you haven't yet experienced Kaylea Cross's stories, you're not just missing out, you're missing out big time, because they're not just a story, they are an experience! And I know some of you are wondering, so I'll tell you now - yes, this book can be read out of order, but don't do it! Once you've read Lethal Pursuit I know you'll rush out to get the first two books, Deadly Descent and Tactical Strike so you might as well read them in order and get to know the incredible men and women who put their lives on the line and, in the process, found their happily ever afters, too.

My thanks to Carina Press and Netgalley for providing me with a copy of this amazing story! It was...well... amazing!!



No comments:

Post a Comment