Sunday, March 16, 2014

Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After) by Tessa Dare

 Romancing the Duke

Description...

In the first in Tessa Dare's captivating Castles Ever After series, a mysterious fortress is the setting for an unlikely love . . .

As the daughter of a famed author, Isolde Ophelia Goodnight grew up on tales of brave knights and fair maidens. She never doubted romance would be in her future, too. The storybooks offered endless possibilities.

And as she grew older, Izzy crossed them off. One by one by one.

Ugly duckling turned swan?
Abducted by handsome highwayman?
Rescued from drudgery by charming prince?

No, no, and… Heh.

Now Izzy’s given up yearning for romance. She’ll settle for a roof over her head. What fairy tales are left over for an impoverished twenty-six year-old woman who’s never even been kissed?

This one.


***************

Romancing the Duke is a "Bright, brilliant, life amid the ruins" joy to read!

There are just so many things I love about this story! There were kisses that made me smile, touches that made me tremble, starry nights that gave me goosebumps, and confessions that made me want to weep! From the first page to the last, I was swept up into this delightful, romantic, sexy story, and "Doubt not, my lady, I shall return!" for more of the Castles Ever After series!!

A copy of this story was provided by Avon Books, and in return I gave them an honest review.

4 comments:

  1. Great review, Dhes! Wasn't this a wonderful book! I didn't think any series could be as good as Spindle Cove but, if this first book is any indicator, Tessa has another winning series on her hands. Have you checked out her special board for the Castles Ever After series on Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, honey! Tessa Dare has such a talent for writing quirky characters and unique, fun, passionate tales! And 'doubt not' that Castles Ever After will be just as awesome as Spindle Cove!

      Delete
  2. Such a fabulous book!! I love everything Tessa Dare!

    ReplyDelete