Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tessa's Pride by Olivia Brynn


Tessa’s Pride is a sweet, very sexy, emotionally charged story about a woman’s determination to prove herself in a man’s world - and not just prove herself competent, but prove herself successful, a woman to be reckoned with.

The story opens with Tessa leading Sugar Cookie, the last of 40 horses who have all met a similar fate, into a trailer so she can be taken to be euthanized. I was reading along and thinking how sad it was, and then found myself in tears as I felt Tessa’s heart breaking at her sense of guilt over the outbreak of EIA – Equine Infectious Anemia – on the Bradley Equestrian Ranch.  I don’t know if I’ve ever been brought to tears that easily or that early in a book, but I was in this one, and it took me by surprise.

As the story progresses, we meet Josh Bradley, the son who walked away from the ranch and the reason it is now in Tessa’s hands. He’s moved on with his life, far from BER, but is still in touch with old friends. He’s gotten wind of Tessa’s problems and decides to return home to see how he can help restore the ranch to its former glory, and at the same time, try to pick up where he and Tessa had left off two years earlier – in the middle of a sexual encounter that was interrupted by his father.  

There were things about this book that I loved, but as with all shorter stories, the ending can sometimes feel rushed and unfortunately, this one had that, but then the epilogue made up for it, in my mind.

The bottom line – I really enjoyed this story. Tessa and Josh made for a fun, exciting hero and heroine, the sex was hot and the ending sweet. I’m so happy I chose to read Tessa’s Pride and will definitely be picking up more by this author!

This story was provided to me by netgalley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment