Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Clockwork Christmas - An Anthology

A Clockwork Christmas is a fun collection of four Steampunk novellas and I honestly enjoyed each story. They're a terrific sampling of the genre, and if you've never read Steampunk before but would like to, this is a great way to explore this very unique world.

My spoiler free breakdown of each story:

1. Crime Wave in a Corset by Stacy Gail– A thief steals the heart of a vengeful professor. This was a great story! Funny, sweet, very sexy… I LOVED it! 4.5 stars

2. This Winter Heart by PG Forte - A man learns that love isn't always what you expect. This was a very unique story of faith, hope and unconditional love. Very good! 4 stars

3. Wanted: One Scoundrel by Jenny Schwartz - And an American inventor finds love Down Under. What a fun story! An Americanized English rake takes on a smart, feisty Suffragette from Down Under! Another great one! 4 stars

4. Far From Broken by JK Coi - Changed forever after tragedy, a woman must draw strength from her husband's love. Okay, now this one was so emotional, and is another story of forgiveness and unconditional love. *sigh* So, so good! 5 stars

The bottom line - The stories in this anthology gave me everything I want in my Christmas themed readings. The tales are sweet, and funny, and filled with hope, honor, love, generosity, charity and even some sexy goodness… but most importantly to me - forgiveness and redemption. Of course I wish they had been longer, but they are what they are and I'm so glad I had the chance to read them! I'm excited to have discovered four very talented new-to-me authors and look forward to more of their writings!

Overall rating - 4.5 stars

This ebook was provided by netgalley.com in behalf of Carina Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment