Friday, November 18, 2011

A Shot in the Dark by Christine d'Abo

A Shot in the Dark is the second installment of the Long Shots series and in this story, the focus is on Paige Long, the oldest of the Long siblings. For years she's buried herself in her work in order to avoid another relationship catastrophe like the one that nearly killed her. She knows her nature, and what her sexual needs are, but doesn't want to have to sit down and explain it all to the next man she might decide to date.

Enter Carter, a local firefighter whose every move screams "Dom." He's gorgeous, charming, and determined to get Paige to open up to him, and against her better judgment, just can't say no to her inner submissive that she's kept locked up for far too long.

As I said, this is the second book in the series, and only the second book I've read by this author, but I can promise you that it won't be the last. I love the way she creates her characters and situations that just seem to 'fit,' and her writing is so easy to follow.

Short, sweet and very sexy is how I'd describe this story, and I can't wait to get my hands on the next!

This ebook was provided by netgalley.com in behalf of Carina Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment