Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Celine (When Hearts Dare #1) by Kathleen Bittner Roth

Celine is the first book in Kathleen Bittner Roth's When Hearts Dare series, and an absolutely wonderful story! It's refreshingly unique, romantic, sexy, and exciting!


Description...

He stepped off a jewel of a sternwheeler onto one of the most beautiful plantations in all of Louisiana. And into her life.

Celine's breath caught in her throat. Heat smoldered in her belly. What a sensual man. The scion of the Andrews family carried an aura of personal magnetism so powerful, a sensation close to fright swept through her. She stood still and aloof, masking her emotions. His intense gaze seemed almost a physical touch. She held her head at a proud, haughty angle, not flinching from his bold scrutiny.

In seconds, Trevor regained his cool, casual air. A lusty grin caught at the corners of his mouth, and fire danced in his eyes as he bent ever so slightly at the waist, tipped an imaginary hat, and strode casually into the house.

She would never be the same...

From Plantation era New Orleans to the untamed American West, here is the sweeping, unforgettable tale of a headstrong young beauty and the man she is destined to love.

My quick review...

Historical Romance is probably my favorite genre because not only do I get a great love story, I get to experience it while being swept away to another time and place, and I'm thrilled to tell you that that's exactly the kind story Celine is.

Like other reviewers have said, and it's true, the story could have ended at about the 70% mark, but I'm so glad it didn't because, in my opinion, we got a happily ever after that, had it taken place any sooner, would have felt forced. And add to that, the final scenes in the book are beautiful and I'm glad I didn't miss them.

The bottom line...

I'm thrilled to have found another Historical Romance author who doesn't rely on all the usual plot props inherent in the genre. I've already read book two, Alanna, and just hope there'll be more in this series! Cameron needs a story and I hope he gets it soon!

My sincerest thanks to Kensington/Zebra Publishers for granting my request to read this wonderful story! To show my appreciation of their generosity, I'm giving them an honest review.


2 comments:

  1. Josette, book three, is Cameron's story. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that makes me so very happy! When is it due out? Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete