Saturday, February 2, 2013

Ice Storm by Anne Stuart



 Behind her mask is a deadly secret.

The powerful head of the covert mercenary organization The Committee, Isobel Lambert is a sleek, sophisticated professional who comes into contact with some of the most dangerous people in the world. But beneath Isobel's cool exterior a ghost exists, haunting her with memories of another life?a life that ended long ago.

But Isobel's past and present are about to collide when Serafin, mercenary, assassin and the most dangerous man in the world, makes a deal with The Committee. Seventeen years ago Isobel shot him and left him for dead. Now it looks as if he's tracked her down for revenge. But Isobel knows all too well that looks can be deceiving - and that's what she's counting on to keep her cover in this international masquerade of murder.

*****
 
If you’ve been following my reviews of Anne Stuart’s Ice series, you know I’ve been saying basically the same thing throughout. Well, fasten your seat belts and get ready for more ranting and raving.
This is the fourth installment of the series, and it's awesome. Fast paced, edgy, intriguing, sexy... it's a great romantic suspense novel.

Killian, AKA Serafin - he’s a user, a player, an asshat and a cold blooded killer. He does whatever he has to do to get the job done, including killing women and ‘children’ if necessary. And he makes no apologies, whatsoever. He’s all of these things as well as heartless and without conscious, and he’s also amazing!

Yep, I can hear you now… “Blithely,” you’re saying, “what the hell is wrong with you? Have you completely lost it?” And my answer is yes. Yes, I have. Just trust me on this, because I have lost my heart to the men of this series, time and time again. I’d read one book and think it can’t get any better than this, until I read the next and I fall even harder for that hero. Bastien, Peter, Taka… I adore them all, but no one holds a candle to Killian.

And Madame Lambert… Isobel. What a fantastic heroine! I went into this book totally skeptical about being able to care for her. She’s cold. Frigid. Unfeeling. Uncaring. Just get in, get out, get the job done, take no prisoners. But in this story, it all comes together making her a heroine I can cheer for. A true force to be reckoned with. She's the perfect woman for an imperfect man and together they are phenomenal.

I can say, without a doubt, that Ice Storm is my favorite of the series so far, but Reno’s story is next and ho-ly hell, It’s going to be something else. I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment