Monday, February 25, 2013

Immortal Ever After by Lynsay Sands





A kiss doesn’t mean eternity . . .

Valerie Moyer doesn’t believe in vampires—until she is kidnapped by a fanged psychopath! After escaping her bloodthirsty captor, she’s through with creatures of the night. Until she finds herself under the protection of the darkly handsome Anders. Not only is she expected to accept that Anders is immortal, but also that she is the woman destined to be his life mate!

. . . Or does it?

Anders felt a connection to Valerie from the moment he cradled her bruised body in his arms. But before he claims her, he must destroy the vampire who almost stole her from him forever. His job would be easier if Valerie didn’t fight him every step of the way. Still, Anders loves a challenge, and the green-eyed beauty is worth fighting for!

*****


Immortal Ever After is the 18th book in Lynsay Sands’ insanely popular Argeneau series, and a fun, exciting, sexy story! I’ve read more than my fair share of the paranormal romance genre, most especially vampires. I don’t know what it is, but there’s something about these tormented souls that draw me in and keep me coming back for more. This is my first taste of Lynsay Sands’ writing and I was very pleased! This world she’s created is exciting, and the characters are intriguing, compelling, and very sexy. It’s not often that I fall in love during my first read of a series, but I fell - and fell hard - for the Argeneau world.

I usually hate coming into a series mid-way because I either end up lost or cringing at the information dump we have to endure. Thankfully, I was neither lost nor cringing because Ms. Sands did a great job of giving us the Argeneau world background without making me feel like I was reading a text book. The story is well written and through dialog between characters – old and new – she imparts everything new readers need to know to feel like we’re part of the story, not just reading about it.

Anders is such a great guy! I can see why everyone loves him, and anyone who’s been anxiously awaiting his story will be very happy! He’s so much fun… open but shy, strong but vulnerable, and not just sexy but super sexy! He’s the kind of vampire I want for my very own!

Valerie is a great heroine. What she’s endured would break most women, but not her. Even though everything she ever thought she knew about the world around her has been turned upside down, she holds it together and does what she has to to survive.

The bottom line: In case you didn’t get it, I really enjoyed this book, and while it was my first experience with Ms. Sands’ Argeneau series, it most certainly will not be my last!

My thanks to Avon Books for providing me with a copy of this story I exchange for an honest review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment