Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wicked Ties by Shayla Black



She didn’t know what she wanted until he made her beg for it...

Morgan O’Malley has seen a lot of kinky things as the hostess of a cable sex talk show. But she’s never met a man like Jack Cole before. A self-proclaimed dominant, he’s as alpha as a male can get–and good for Morgan to have around when an obsessed stalker ratchets up his attempts to get to her.

Though Jack is a bodyguard, Morgan feels anything but safe in his presence. Because slowly and seductively, Jack is bringing her deepest fantasies to the surface. And when he bends her to his will, what’s more shocking than her surrender is how much she enjoys it–and starts to crave his masterful touch. A willing player in Jack’s games, Morgan knows that his motives aren’t pure, but she has no idea how personal they are…

*****

I haven't been posting reviews of truly erotic stories here, for reasons I won't go into, but I've decided to remedy that and what better way to start than with Jack **swoon** Cole's  story.

This story is not recommended for readers under 18.

Wicked Ties is the first book in the erotic Wicked Lovers series, and when I started this book I figured it would be just another sexy read by Shayla Black. WOW! Was I ever wrong! Not about the “sexy read” part, but about the “just another” part of the “sexy read” comment.

Jack Cole is a bodyguard, an alpha male and self proclaimed Dominant. He’s given the opportunity to appear on a cable sex talk show and discuss his sexual proclivities with Morgan O’Malley, the skeptical host of the show. She’s not buying into the whole Dom/sub thing, and Jack's hints that she might actually like it if she tried it. She expected to have to deal with an arrogant, bossy male at their first meeting at a trendy, outdoor cafe, but what she wasn’t expecting was to be shot at. Things quickly go from fun and games, to life or death, but lucky for her, Jack knows his stuff and gets her safely out of the crosshairs. So, this is where the story really takes off as Jack does whatever he has to, to both protect and seduce Morgan.

Having been instantly captivated by the story and finding Jack so incredibly attractive, I was surprised by my reaction to Morgan, who I think was just ok. I didn’t “connect” with her on any level, really and I often found her more than a tad annoying. However Jack…*sigh* … Jack was amazing. I can’t even put my finger on what it was about him that was so compelling, so demanding, so… perfect.

When reading an erotic book like this I don’t expect much in the way of storyline or character development but I have to say that Wicked Ties has it all. Fantastic story, amazing characters, incredible sexual tension… I couldn’t put it down and in fact, Wicked Ties turned out to be one of my favorite reads in a very long time and Jack Cole has a place of honor on my Top Heroes reading shelf.

Sexual Content: Yes. That is to say, this book contains just about everything except m/m. This story is not recommended for readers under 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment