Sunday, December 20, 2015

Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss #1) by Nalini Singh

Blurb: A bad boy wrapped in a sexy, muscled, grown-up package might be worth a little risk…

Molly Webster has always followed the rules. After an ugly scandal tore apart her childhood and made her the focus of the media’s harsh spotlight, she vowed to live an ordinary life. No fame. No impropriety. No pain. Then she meets Zachary Fox, a tattooed bad boy rocker with a voice like whiskey and sin, and a touch that could become an addiction.

A one-night stand with the hottest rock star on the planet, that’s all it was meant to be…

Fox promises scorching heat and dangerous pleasure, coaxing Molly to extend their one-night stand into a one-month fling. After that, he’ll be gone forever, his life never again intersecting with her own. Sex and sin and sensual indulgence, all with an expiration date. No ties, no regrets. Too late, Molly realizes it isn’t only her body that’s become addicted to Fox, but her heart…

As a longtime fan of Nalini Singh's work, I began reading Rock Addiction fully aware that it isn't her usual Paranormal or Sci-Fi story (which I love), rather, this is an edgy, sexy, New Adult/Contemporary Romance tale. But I have to admit, while I was fully expecting something different from the Guild Hunters and Psy-Changeling type stories, I was hoping she'd bring the same level of unique world building she's become so famous for to the Rock Kiss series. Again, I have to admit, I didn't get what I was hoping for in that regard, and I guess it's not too surprising because when a story line's been done to death - as bad boy rock stars have been - it's going to be tough coming up with something fresh.

That said, without a doubt, Nalini Singh knows how to tell a story and make it riveting, exciting, passionate, and romantic. While Rock Addiction isn't perfect it's a good start to the series and I'm looking forward to reading more - though I hope Ms. Singh can find a way to put her own unique mark on the genre.

ARC provided by the publisher, TKA, via Netgalley!

Click here to purchase Rock Addiction at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment