Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas in Lucky Harbor by Jill Shalvis

Christmas in Lucky Harbor is actually the first two books in the Lucky Harbor series; Simply Irresistible and The Sweetest Thing, and if you've ever thought about visiting Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor, now's the time because you can get two great stories for the price of one! And honestly, I loved them so much that I read both stories in less than two days, and yet I'm finding it nearly impossible to review them now because there is just so much to tell, so many funny quotes, so many sigh-worthy moments... I just can't decide where to start or what to share, so I'll just keep it simple.

1. Simply Irresistible is the first book in the Lucky Harbor series and such a great story. I'm sitting here with this silly grin on my face because it's been a long time since I've read a book, any book, that had me smiling, giggling, sighing and fanning myself as much as this one did. Simply put, Simply Irresistible is a wonderful, funny, sexy, romantic, feel good story! I went to sleep thinking about this book and woke up thinking about it. The hero, Jax, is the kind of man that you really could find in Anytown, USA, and the heroine, Maddie, is a real woman. The kind with curves, flaws and insecurities... someone we can all relate to. 5 stars!

2. The Sweetest Thing is the second book in the Lucky Harbor series, and once again I was left with a silly grin on my face, unable to stop thinking about Ford and Tara, and the other crazy friends and family who made this story so fun! And let me just tell you, this is one incredibly romantic and sexy story that had me fanning myself, laughing out loud and sighing often. With honest, believable characters that I couldn't help but care about and cheer for, it’s a tale of first love, lost love, and love renewed – and a story you definitely do not want to miss!  5 stars!

If you’ve ever read some of my reviews you know I’m not joking when I say that I could go on and on, paragraph upon paragraph, listing all reasons you need to read this book, but I’ll just cut to the chase: Do yourself a favor and just go buy the book, because the sooner you do, the sooner you’ll discover for yourself the amazing people and the magic that is to be found during Christmas in Lucky Harbor.

My thanks to Grand Central Publishing for providing me with a copy of this ebook through netgalley.com

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you. Love this series! Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is a wonderful series and I just got the news... I've been approved for book 3! YAY!

    Thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete