Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Storming the Castle (Fairy Tales 1.5) by Eloisa James

Blurb...

What Miss Phillipa Damson needs is a good, old fashioned knight in shining armor. What she has is a fiance she never wanted and a compelling urge to run away. But if she manages to escape, will she find her happily ever after?

Storming the Castle was such a sweet, funny, touching, steamy, romantic story, and I’m so glad I read it! I had grown very fond of Wick in A Kiss at Midnight, and while this story was definitely too short, I was happy to see him in action again.

And as we had in A Kiss at Midnight, we get another very strong, enjoyable heroine in Phillipa, who knew her own mind and wasn’t afraid to do whatever necessary to live her life on her own terms. Together, she and Wick made a very charming, sexy couple who were both so deserving of their own happily ever after.

It was such a treat getting to revisit Kate and Gabriel, and of course Great Aunt Sophonisba whose most brilliant scenes were those she spent well into her cups. I must say, however, I was saddened that there wasn’t a single reference to the rats, Caesar, Freddie and Coco!

I can’t wait to see what Ms. James has in store for us in the next installment of the Happily Ever Afters series, When Beauty Tamed the Beast.

Purchase Storming the Castle by Eloisa James at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment